Who We are
Revive Community Fellowship is a church plant in a small town in Northeastern Pennsylvania called Tamaqua, which has a population of 7,000 people. Revive Community Fellowship started in early 2016 as a small group in Pastor Steve’s home. We saw the Lord working in many ways including spiritual growth among our people and true Christian fellowship. We continue to see these things flourish. The Lord blessed us tremendously and before long the house became too small. This meant that some welcomed decisions had to be made.
The core group decided, by the Spirit’s leading, that we must begin thinking about the long term. We believed wholeheartedly that God was leading us to start a church in the Tamaqua area and to seek out a place to have worship services officially. We chose the name Revive because we agreed that the greatest need in the city of Tamaqua was revival in several different ways.
The Lord opened the door for us to meet in the Tamaqua YMCA, and on February 19th, 2017 we had our first corporate worship service as Revive Community Fellowship. Currently we are online only but we hope to have a physical place to meet soon. Even so, we continue to do outreach in the community and seek to fulfill the mission and vision of the church which is to Love, Serve, and Honor Christ.
What We Believe
Our Core Beliefs
1. Prayer – “Pray Continuously” – I Thessalonians 5:16-18
2. Relationships – ‘Loving, caring about, and sharing our lives with each other” – Romans 12:10-11
3. Community Outreach – “Sharing Christ while serving others” – Matthew 5:16
4. Evangelism – “Reaching the spiritually lost with the Good News of Jesus” – Mark 16:15-16
5. Discipleship – “Teaching believers to grow in Christ-likeness” – Matthew 28:18-20
6. Multiplication – “Reproducing new leaders, ministries, and future churches.” – 2 Timothy 2:2
To love, serve, and honor Christ
Revive seeks to build relationships with the people of Tamaqua and the surrounding areas through loving, serving, and honoring God and living out the Gospel of Jesus Christ.